Shane Jones willing to push our wildlife into extinction for mining

General birdwatching discussion, help with bird identification, and all other things relating to wild birds and birding in NZ that don't fit in one of the other forums.
chris

Shane Jones willing to push our wildlife into extinction for mining

Postby chris » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Shane Jones has stated he is willing to push our precious taonga. into extinction for gold mining. A little off the forum but so incredibly alarming that I must share.
Yes he said it and in a most disrespectful, arrogant and demeaning manner.article in daily times. In his mind no place is safe, no cause worthy and no compromise offered.his comments are truly alarming.our national parks, world heritage sites, moana our reputation as responsible kaitiaki are not his to give away. When you say you are out to look after the people surely that includes the actual country itself without saying.our special world renown wilderness areas should never be compromised to prop up any govt for short term gain and impossible promises made to get into power. These comments must be seen as a major red flag into Jones fitness to be in any leadership role as a minister. Please stand up against this truly awful man and his plans to defile our land and in so all kiwis who truly respect and love this special place and its inhabitants.
chris

Re: Shane Jones willing to push our wildlife into extinction for mining

Postby chris » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:16 am

Sorry 4 the typo. I meant shane jones. Nz 1st politician.
andrewcrossland

Postby andrewcrossland » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:40 pm

What bird species do you think will become extinct?
chris

Postby chris » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:38 am

I'm concerned about any and all fauna and flora. I'm concerned about the possibility of mining inside national parks and significant reserves.im talking about disregard for any and all species and important ecosystems. Mr jones has iterated that they are of no importance whatsoever . That's my worry
chris

Postby chris » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:22 am

Once again sorry for the typo. John's instead of jones. I' dont have a computer only a phone. .
I first posted this topic slash warning of the co govts plans to mine anywhere anytime whether with or without the support of the people and without consequence to the environmental impact back in january. As you all can see the response to the post was apathetic at best. Well now the govt has gone even deeper down the dark hole of cutting us off in the decision making in our own communities. There has been zero leadership shown from our p.m. and quite frankly i wouldn't count on any leadership from the current p.m..over this issue or any issue for that matter.he talks like a caged parrot and is absolutely smitten with the American republican party which is worrying and comes out every time he comments in public.so people some groups are rallying. Will they be listened to and respected.time will tell.
In finishing I would just like to reiterate the awful way in which shane jones first indicated the path that this co govt was going to take in regards to the environment, and there dissmisal of the people in regards to it both economically and emotionally.note this concern is not about mining itself but the attitude shown by the govt ,the lack of thought and consideration towards what kiwis see as the real jewels we have left and what makes us truly kiwi.

Return to “General Birding Discussion”