Kawhia Pelagic June 26--ONE more needed!

Upcoming birding events. Announce your counts, field trips, working bees, cost-share birding trips etc.
User avatar
RussCannings
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 am

Kawhia Pelagic June 26--ONE more needed!

Postby RussCannings » Tue May 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi all,

With all the interesting seabirds showing up around the country, this is probably a good time to make everyone aware of a full day pelagic out of Kawhia (Waikato west coast) I have organised for Sunday, June 26. It's on the same boat as the April trip (the Clansman) and we will be pursuing a similar strategy of trying to get 35+ nautical miles offshore to where some canyons come in off the continental shelf. Cost is $257 per person and we'll be gone from dusk to dawn with plenty of chum.

A winter trip has never been attempted north of Whanganui so who knows what we might get? Let me know if you have questions about the birding potential. I think most of us would take a Blue or Kerguelan Petrel to start!

There are currently *1 space available so get in touch as soon as possible if you're interested. I have also booked a trip for August 7th but that trip is already full (Let me know if you want to be on the waiting list for that one).

Hope to see many of you in Napier this weekend!

Russ Cannings
Cambridge, NZ
Last edited by RussCannings on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
RussCannings
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 am

Postby RussCannings » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:16 pm

(Removed by author)
Last edited by RussCannings on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RussCannings
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 am

Re: Kawhia Pelagic June 26--spaces available

Postby RussCannings » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Only one spot left now! Last chance to get on a west coast winter extravaganza :!:
User avatar
RussCannings
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 am

Re: Kawhia Pelagic June 26--ONE more needed!

Postby RussCannings » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:04 am

Hi all,

While we managed to top it up a week or so ago, a couple cancellations have meant that we're back down to 6 overall. We need at least 7 to make this trip affordable (unless some noble pelagic philanthropist wants to step forward?!). So we're less than two weeks away so this is a final call for anyone interested in getting out to the shelf off Kawhia for a full day on Sunday, June 27!

Return to “Events”