Kaikoura pelagic full day trip.

Upcoming bird-watching trips and other birding events. Announce your counts, field trips, working bees, cost-share birding trips etc.
Steve Wood

Re: Kaikoura pelagic full day trip.

Postby Steve Wood » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:28 pm

cool. thanks for that up date,
Steve Wood

Postby Steve Wood » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:47 pm

After speaking with Ocean wings this morning, looks like we have a full boat (8) at this stage.
I will check in on Thursday afternoon for a weather update and get a feel for what we might expect.I will report back here, Thursday night with the prediction .

Cheers.

Steve
Davidthomas

Postby Davidthomas » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:46 am

Long-range is looking pretty marginal, but with any luck it will blow through and bring up some great birds!

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Also, anyone wanting to drive up from Christchurch in the morning and return in the evening want a ride/ or to share the driving and costs i'd be interested so either reply or private message me and we can organise something
Steve Wood

Postby Steve Wood » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 am

Had a quick look at the forecast, and i think Sunday is looking a better day. Please check in with ocean wings to confirm but they probably wont make a call till Friday morning.

Cheers
Steve
Steve Wood

Postby Steve Wood » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:11 pm

It's all go for Sunday.

Cheers
Steve.
Steve Wood

Postby Steve Wood » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:36 pm

DSC_4688 (2).jpg
DSC_4688 (2).jpg (131.03 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
Hi all,
Just a brief up date of the trip on Sunday for those interested.
Weather turned out to be perfect, all be it very cold, a few light showers and some watery sun in the afternoon,but seas good 15nts + SE.
A pretty solid turn out of birds, all the usual candidates, and after heading out further we picked up the bird of the day Grey Petrel that showed fairly well with two or three passes of the boat. A new bird for most on the boat I think.
For the full list check out ocean wings trip reports should have something up soon.

Cheers
Steve

Return to “Birding Trips and Events”