Bell Ialnd, Waimea Inlet 28 Jan 2018

Bird sighting information. Use this forum to report bird sightings (especially rare and unusual birds), census and field count results, and trip reports. Messages posted to this forum will also be sent as a plain text email to the BIRDING-NZ newsgroup.
David Melville

Bell Ialnd, Waimea Inlet 28 Jan 2018

Postby David Melville » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 am

An evening visit by Willie Cook, Katherine Leung, Emilia Lai and David Melville resulted in 1 Gull-billed Tern, 1 Whimbrel, and 1 Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (all of which have been around on and off throughout the summer). Good numbers of banded Black-billed Gulls (from Marlborough) and Red Knots and Bar-tailed Godwits (China, Russia, Australia).

Perhaps the most interest were 8 Australian Wood Ducks on the oxidation ponds - the furthest that they have been recorded away from The Playhouse, Westdale Road area.

David
Liam Ballard

Re: Bell Ialnd, Waimea Inlet 28 Jan 2018

Postby Liam Ballard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 pm

Hey David, might I suggest you post this one under "Bird Sightings and Alerts"? Sounds good, and I'm sure everyone else would be keen to know about those Wood Ducks, and I have a feeling this subforum is checked a little less often than the "main" ones - as far as I know this one is just for tech help within the sight etc
Cheers,
Liam Ballard
David Melville

Re: Bell Ialnd, Waimea Inlet 28 Jan 2018

Postby David Melville » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks Liam - I thought that I had posted it on the right bit - but obviously not!
I'll try again!
Cheers
David

Return to “Bird Sightings and Alerts”