Doesn't often get a mention, but Paraparaumu Scenic Reserve at the northern end of Nikau Valley is a lovely little spot. A quick stop by today yielded:
- At least 3 Sulphur-crested Cockatoo (small resident population here)
- 7+ Eastern Rosella. Never fail to see them here.
- Flushed one pheasant and heard others calling. Nearly always flush a pheasant when I visit.
- Shining Cuckoo
- California Quails
- Lots of NZ Pigeon
- Whitehead heard calling in the trees (first time I've heard them here)
Fantail, Grey Warbler, Silvereye, Tui, Magpie, finches, etc.
Bird sighting information. Use this forum to report bird sightings (especially rare and unusual birds), census and field count results, and trip reports. Messages posted to this forum will also be sent as a plain text email to the BIRDING-NZ newsgroup.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:30 pm
- Location: Wellington
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 am
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to visit next time I'm passing through.