RED-NECKED PHALAROPE in Nelson

Bird sighting information. Use this forum to report bird sightings (especially rare and unusual birds), census and field count results, and trip reports. Messages posted to this forum will also be sent as a plain text email to the BIRDING-NZ newsgroup.
Davidthomas

Re: RED-NECKED PHALAROPE in Nelson

Postby Davidthomas » Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Bird is currently present further out in the pond zooming around. Weathers miserable, seems rather settled.
sav

Postby sav » Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 am

Hi all,

Its apparently showing well this morning.

cheers
Sav Saville
Wrybill Birding Tours, NZ
Great Birds, Real Birders
Richard Fenner

Postby Richard Fenner » Tue May 22, 2018 8:42 am

I'm heading down to Nelson tomorrow (Wed) so hoping the bird is still there. Any reports from this week? Never been to Nelson before, is there anything else present at the moment (e.g. on Motueka Spit) I could try for while I'm there?
Thanks
Richard
Oscar Thomas

Postby Oscar Thomas » Sat May 26, 2018 11:07 am

The phalarope was not present this morning, yesterday evening or yesterday morning. However the ponds made up for it with some more pretty interesting birds. 3-4 Marsh crake with phenomenal views, a coot, several fernbirds, two Cirl bunting, some neat Grey ducks with ducklings, a bellbird, two Bar-tailed godwits as well as 18 Banded dotterel and a small Black-fronted tern flock amongst White-fronted terns (1:5) on the mudflats

Return to “Bird Sightings and Alerts”