Is there a list!

Discuss natural history subjects not strictly related to birds. Reports of interesting mammal, reptile, and invertebrate sightings are welcome.
flossiepip

Is there a list!

Postby flossiepip » Sat May 01, 2021 6:52 pm

Is there a list anywhere that is easily accessible for the spiders found in New Zealand. There names etc. I guess there must be one. If so where and how do you go about getting it. I believe it would be most helpful especially if there were photos and descriptions with possible area coverage.
David Riddell

Re: Is there a list!

Postby David Riddell » Sun May 02, 2021 9:48 am

The only comprehensive species list for NZ spiders that I know of is in the New Zealand Inventory of Biodiversity Volume 2. Most of the book's chapters are online, though difficult to find, and all I can get of the chelicerates chapter is the introductory summary and bibliography - almost all of the species list is omitted. See
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j ... dxHiPSdH6k

It may be worth purchasing a hard copy (or perhaps you might find it in a library) - volume 2 also includes lists for the other arthropod groups as well as nematodes and some smaller phyla. Very few details and photos of individual species I'm afraid, just a bare species list, but even that can be very useful.
flossiepip

Re: Is there a list!

Postby flossiepip » Sun May 02, 2021 9:11 pm

Thank you David for the information, I will look it up.

Return to “Other Natural History”