A reminder on 'netiquette' for forum use

General birdwatching discussion, help with bird identification, and all other things relating to wild birds and birding in NZ that don't fit in one of the other forums.
Brent Stephenson

A reminder on 'netiquette' for forum use

Postby Brent Stephenson » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi all,

The birdingnz.net forum is an incredible space which has attracted people that have one main thing in common - our interest in New Zealand birds. However, we come from many walks of life, with varying views on the World and the things within it. This is bound to sometimes mean we don't necessarily agree with everything somebody says or does, but should mean that we as members of this forum think twice before hitting submit on a post that could be taken the wrong way. And are able of having a discussion in an adult way.

We should also understand that the forum is public, and as such is watched and read by many many more birders than those that regularly post herein. I was reminded of this in communications with two separate birders from the UK in the last two days, who were completely unprompted, yet expressed what a shame it was that a recent thread had been sidetracked by a topic that really had no place in that original thread. We as a birding community are on display for the World to see, and we should consider that at all times.

Neil has put together an excellent post on 'netiquette' which can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5132

Let's get back to birding, sharing great info, and increasing other peoples enjoyment of birds.
Thanks,
Brent Stephenson
Wrybill Birding Tours, NZ - Great birds, real birders
Neil Fitzgerald
Site Admin

Re: A reminder on 'netiquette' for forum use

Postby Neil Fitzgerald » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:40 pm

Thank you Brent. Well said. I can't watch the forum all the time and I am really grateful to our moderators, like Brent, who do a great job and don't get thanked enough.
Neil

Return to “General Birding Discussion”