40 years of Notornis issues to give away

General birdwatching discussion, help with bird identification, and all other things relating to wild birds and birding in NZ that don't fit in one of the other forums.
Jan

40 years of Notornis issues to give away

Postby Jan » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:23 pm

Ron Nilsson was a Life Member of OSNZ/BirdsNZ. His partner would like his collection of Notornis issues to be carefully disposed of somehow, which might include the recycling bin, or not. If there's a keen young birder somewhere who likes to hold a paper copy of an article rather than read online, please get in touch and we can see what could be arranged. The collection is in Christchurch but some could be sent elsewhere perhaps. Ron was a Regional Rep for 3 yrs in the 1990s and had 6 papers published in Notornis. He spent a lifetime in the Wildlife Service, DOC and other agencies. His obituary will be in the Dec BirdsNZ magazine.
Davidthomas

Re: 40 years of Notornis issues to give away

Postby Davidthomas » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:23 am

Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear of Ron’s Passing Jan. He was full of knowledge he so readily shared with us all in Canterbury BirdsNZ.
Wrybill

Postby Wrybill » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:38 am

I am interested
128 Species on my life-list, Latest Lifer Pectoral Sandpiper, Hokio Stream
Jan

Postby Jan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Hi Wrybill, there are a couple of people also interested. Please say what particular interests you have, in case those are different to the others'.?

Return to “General Birding Discussion”