General birdwatching discussion, help with bird identification, and all other things relating to wild birds and birding in NZ that don't fit in one of the other forums.
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:47 pm
Have not heard a single one up here in Auckland. In contrast last year there were quite a few.
TheBirderMan, Tommy, ( ͡° ω ͡° )
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:58 am
One heard yesterday from small pine plantation on Waitaanga Road, Waitaanga, Ruapehu District, Manawatu-Wanganui
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 am
Thanks folks. Have still not heard any in the Whangarei District since 18 or 19 January, but my wife heard two singing in the evening at Maitai Bay on the Karikari Peninsula on 5th February.
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm
Couldn't find the long tailed cuckoo one but they were still calling at the blue lake in rotorua on Saturday
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:47 pm
- Location: Tikokino, Central Hawkes Bay
Heard one yesterday 26th February when walking around our village
- Posts: 329
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:30 pm
- Location: Okere Falls
For interest, I've had one in the garden all week. But heard nothing.