How can I create and an Ebird Hotspot and other question.

General birdwatching discussion, help with bird identification, and all other things relating to wild birds and birding in NZ that don't fit in one of the other forums.
Samsperdy

How can I create and an Ebird Hotspot and other question.

Postby Samsperdy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:47 pm

Hi Everyone,
I live somewhat near a small park in Christchurch City and would really like to make it a Ebird hotspot. Does anyone here know how to make one and if so please let me know!
I would also like to set up a bird feeder/s and since it is the Christchurch City Council’s land I believe I must have a authorised written permit from a Authorised Officer. I'm not too sure on how to contact an Authorised Officer and would really like your opinions if I should add a bird feeder/s to the park to attract birds.
Many Thanks,
Samsperdy :D
Source Used To Find Out Information: https://ccc.govt.nz/assets/Documents/Th ... w-2016.pdf
Clause: 6.1 (b) - not sure if this includes wildlife related construction but believe it does.
Park: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Carme ... 172.528561
AngryBird45

Re: How can I create and an Ebird Hotspot and other question.

Postby AngryBird45 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:44 pm

Firstly, you need a checklist for that location.

if you have a checklist for that location, go to 'My eBird', then 'Manage My Locations', find the location you want to make a hotspot, then go to its page and click the 'Suggest as Hotspot' button. An eBird reviewer will then review it and determine whether it should be a hotspot or not.
133 birds on my life list since 17 June 2020, latest bird Common Tern.
93 birds on my 2024 year list as of 6:50pm 13 January, latest bird Indian Peafowl.

15 y/o birder from the Waimak and Paradise Shelduck campaigner: facebook.com/paradiseshelduck.

Return to “General Birding Discussion”