Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagic - 30th OCTOBER 2021

Upcoming bird-watching trips and other birding events. Announce your counts, field trips, working bees, cost-share birding trips etc.
ourspot

Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagic - 30th OCTOBER 2021

Postby ourspot » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Now that Northland is at Level 2, I'm planning a seabird pelagic trip to the Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ for Monday 25th October.

Based out of Tutukaka in Northland this trip is a great opportunity to spend a full day on the water and enjoy seeing a variety of pelagic seabirds including shearwaters, petrels, albatrosses, mollymawks and storm-petrels. Naturally there’s no guarantee on what seabirds will be present but that’s part of the excitement, and with October being prime migration time there's no telling what could turn up. The trip leaves Tutukaka, goes via the spectacular Poor Knight Islands, and then heads out approx 40km offshore to deep waters. Always a great day out.

There are currently a couple spare spaces available so if you're interested in seeing some awesome seabirds, and based in Northland, either send me an email or give me a call and I’ll let you know more details about the trip.

I also have another trip planned for 30th October that has a couple of spare spaces available as well.

Cheers
Scott Brooks
Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagics organiser
021 322 324 | scott@ourspot.nz
Last edited by ourspot on Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ourspot

Re: Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagic - 30th OCTOBER 2021

Postby ourspot » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi all

I've still got a couple spare spaces available for the pelagic this Saturday (30th October) so if you're interested in seeing some awesome seabirds, and are based in Northland, get in touch.

We had a cracker day out there on Monday. Here's the trip report incase you need some tempting :)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11221

Cheers
Scott Brooks
Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagics organiser
021 322 324 | scott@ourspot.nz

Return to “Birding Trips and Events”