Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagic - 21st NOVEMBER 2021

Upcoming bird-watching trips and other birding events. Announce your counts, field trips, working bees, cost-share birding trips etc.
ourspot

Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagic - 21st NOVEMBER 2021

Postby ourspot » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi

I'm planning a seabird pelagic trip to the Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ for Sunday 21st November 2021.

Based out of Tutukaka in Northland this trip is a great opportunity to spend a full day on the water and enjoy seeing a variety of pelagic seabirds including shearwaters, petrels, albatrosses, mollymawks and storm-petrels. Naturally there’s no guarantee on what seabirds will be present but that’s part of the excitement, and with November being the tail end of migration time there's no telling what could turn up. The trip leaves Tutukaka, goes via the spectacular Poor Knight Islands, and then heads out approx 40km offshore to deep waters. Always a great day out.

Trip costs (based on how many are on board) will be:
• 8 people $195 each
• 7 people $215 each
• 6 people $235 each

(please note the skipper of the boat is increasing his prices from the start of next year, which will unfortunately mean the pelagic costs will increase then as well).

So if you're interested in seeing some awesome seabirds, and are based in Northland, either send me an email or give me a call and I’ll let you know more details about the trip.

And I'm really looking forward to next year when everything opens back up and people from all around NZ will be able to come back up here and join these trips again. I'm planning on putting lots of trips on throughout the year :)

Cheers
Scott Brooks
Tutukaka ‘Petrel Station’ Pelagics organiser

021 322 324 | scott@ourspot.nz

Return to “Birding Trips and Events”