Errors with pages not found

BirdingNZ.net problems, tips, feature suggestions etc.
Neil Fitzgerald
Site Admin

Errors with pages not found

Postby Neil Fitzgerald » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Some folks are getting errors when they try to post. I've managed to get it once, but am struggling to repeat it. If anyone strikes this problem, please let me know what you were trying to do, copy and past the error message here, and any other info you can. With your your help, hopefully I can work it out.
Thanks,
Neil.
Neil Fitzgerald
Site Admin

Re: Errors with pages not found

Postby Neil Fitzgerald » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 am

The main error being experienced is occurring when using Google Chrome, and gives the following message:
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

Turns out this appears to be a bug in the Chrome browser itself. If you have Chrome installed it can even result in blank pages being displayed in other browsers, even if Chrome is not running at the time!

This site offers some advice: http://www.roezer.com/LostBlog/fixing-chrome-bug-error-324-neterr_empty_response

which is
  • The first thing to try is to Go to Options and Clicking reset to Defaults and Refreshing the Page or just press F5 the shortcut key to Refresh the page you are on in Google Chrome.
  • The Second way to fix Error 324 is to simply just restart your Chrome Browser.
  • Sometimes it can be your Internet Connection causing the error when Browsing sites in chrome so just restart your Internet Connection.
Brent Stephenson

Re: Errors with pages not found

Postby Brent Stephenson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 am

Neil,
I just posted and didn't get an error! So perhaps something changed?
Cheers,
Brent Stephenson
Wrybill Birding Tours, NZ - Great birds, real birders

Return to “BirdingNZ.net Help”