Hi. And welcome to the new section.

A place for our younger members (under 18). Other members can also join on topics relevant to the younger audience.
Liam Ballard

Re: Hi. And welcome to the new section.

Postby Liam Ballard » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 pm

If it were me, I'd post a sighting if it was rare for that area, e.g. Red-billed Gulls in Glen Massey (because we are super inland), if it was an unusually high count, e.g. 500 Shoveler on Ngaruawahia poo ponds, or if the sighting was really good, e.g. clear views of a bittern etc. Weird birds like albinos etc are also interesting, and weird behaviour gives the bird experts something to scratch their heads about... So anything you think is really interesting.
Liam Ballard
George Hobson

Postby George Hobson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 am

Or..... if you found a Willie Wagtail, anything rare like that should defo be reported.
Latest lifer: Little Shearwater in the Wellington Harbor (168)!
Ranger of the North

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:58 pm

Oki doki, thanks, guys! c:
GregT

Postby GregT » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Liam Ballard wrote:If you want a great way to learn more about birds, try NZ Birds Online. I must warn you, it can get a little addictive (or maybe that's just me xD). If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you from? It would be cool to find some other YB's in your area.... pleasebeWaikatopleasebeWaikatopleasebeWaikato... :)

Hi Liam Ballard.
I live in the same area as you and am rather interested with some of your sightings you have on ebird. Well just more a couple of questions really.
Is there a way to private message you on here? As I'm totally new to this. Cheers :)
GrahameNZ

Postby GrahameNZ » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:00 am

Hi Greg,
PM is up the top right, below search, 3rd icon from the right.
Looks like an envelope.
Neil Fitzgerald
Site Admin

Postby Neil Fitzgerald » Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm

Another way is to click on the dots after "Contact" under each users name on the left of a post. There you'll see the contact options that person has allowed (usually email and PM). Those details are not visible to people who are not logged in as members to prevent them being exposed to spam.

Return to “Young Birders”