Marsden Cove (Whangarei) pelagic - Sunday 23 Jan 2022

Upcoming bird-watching trips and other birding events. Announce your counts, field trips, working bees, cost-share birding trips etc.
sav

Marsden Cove (Whangarei) pelagic - Sunday 23 Jan 2022

Postby sav » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:21 pm

Hi all,

We are running a pelagic into the outer Hauraki Gulf (and, weather permitting, out to the Mokohinau Islands for Grey Ternlet) on Sunday 23 Jan 2022. Departing from Marsden Cove, just South of Whangarei.

The boat is "Sumo" : a smart, fast, charter fishing boat. Tea and coffee provided but please bring your own food and cold drinks.

Departure at 0815, return to land by about 1800. Cost will be $290/person.

Target species are : New Zealand Storm-petrel, Pycroft's Petrel, Black Petrel, Little Shearwater and all the normal Northern seabirds - Buller's, Flesh-footed, Fluttering Shearwater, Fairy Prion, Cook's Petrel, White-faced Storm-petrel, Common Diving Petrel. With the recent very warm water, just about anything should be possible - I'd give a lot for a White-tailed Tropicbird..........

It will be me guiding for the day, and possibly Phil Hammond too. There are only a couple of spare places, so please email (savATwrybill-tours.com) or call (0276803740) me to grab a spot if you are interested.

cheers
Sav Saville
Wrybill Birding Tours, NZ
Great Birds, Real Birders
sav

Re: Marsden Cove (Whangarei) pelagic - Sunday 23 Jan 2022

Postby sav » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:38 am

Still a couple of places left........
Sav Saville
jgolden

Postby jgolden » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi Sav - I'm keen. I've sent you an email. Cheers, Jesse
sav

Postby sav » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:41 am

Hi all,

Only 2 places remain. Long range forecast looks good, and who knows what Cyclone Cody might bring down?

Along with the flocks of White-tailed Tropicbirds, a couple of New Cal Storm-petrels and a Polynesian.......its good to dream!

cheers
Sav Saville
AnnetteC

Postby AnnetteC » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:45 pm

hi Sav, I have sent you a message, I am interested (if there are any spaces left, I have messaged you. thanks Annette

Return to “Birding Trips and Events”