Testers for new birding app

General birdwatching discussion, help with bird identification, and all other things relating to wild birds and birding in NZ that don't fit in one of the other forums.
ledzep

Testers for new birding app

Postby ledzep » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:30 pm

I'm looking for birders with Android phones (v11 or later) who are interested in trying out my new birding app. A couple of screenshots below. It covers all the birds of the world, including NZ. Full documentation and detailed installation instructions. The installation is manual, it is NOT from the Google store. It is quite easy but you do need to know how to use Windows Explorer to download and unzip files from Google Drive, and then copy files and folders to your phone. If interested please send me a personal message and I'll send you the instructions and download link.
sc4.jpg
sc4.jpg (41.18 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
sc3.jpg
sc3.jpg (62.15 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
sc1.jpg
sc1.jpg (63.2 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
viralpoet

Re: Testers for new birding app

Postby viralpoet » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:33 pm

Looks like a great app. No longer on android due to the volume of bloat software on those devices. Would happily assist you with an apple version if you do decide to head in that direction.
ledzep

Re: Testers for new birding app

Postby ledzep » Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:40 pm

Thanks for your interest. There are a few people testing it now on Android phones, see https://nzbirding.com/worldbirds/ for details and download instructions. Sorry, this is written in Android Studio and will only work on Android phones, no Apple version is planned. It is expensive to release and support applications on Apple iOS.

Return to “General Birding Discussion”