Fun NZ Listing Site

General birdwatching discussion, help with bird identification, and all other things relating to wild birds and birding in NZ that don't fit in one of the other forums.
RussCannings

Fun NZ Listing Site

Postby RussCannings » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 am

Hi all,

By no means am I a programmer or possess any IT skills but I've put together a basic website/blog for the purpose of some fun listing rankings. As you will see, the aim is not to overlap with the 'Top 100' function on ebird/NZ Atlas or indeed the Wrybill Life list, but to create some new (and fun) categories for friendly competition but more so to encourage further exploration of Aotearoa and your own patch. Depending on popularity perhaps we can jazz up the layout but for now I just want to see if anyone is interested.

The way it would work is you email me an update (any time) with the lists you want to take part in and your totals (you can submit to everything on there or just 1 or 2 things--totally your choice). While I may ask for clarifications, this is completely honour-based so I will never question your totals etc. I'll update the lists as regularly as I can and *I am also open to suggested criteria tweaks, or new ideas on categories etc.* (I will also add a Big Day/Twitchathon page in the near future).

--In the early going, I won't update until I get enough people submitting their totals (probably want at least 10 people to start).

Take a look and feel free to comment/ask questions below: https://nzbirdlisting.blogspot.com/

Let's have some fun!

My email is: russellcannings AT gmail.com

Cheers,

Russ
Threeps

Re: Fun NZ Listing Site

Postby Threeps » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:49 am

Hi Russell, is the listing site up and running? I've had a look but was unable to log on to either enter or view any lists.
Steve Purdon

No te whenua mo nga Kotimana ahau.

Return to “General Birding Discussion”